Hylands Burren Hotel, Clare
Traditional Irish hospitality at this charming Clare hotel
» Click thumbnails to view larger versions in a slideshow.
Hylands Burren Hotel is located in the unspoilt and picturesque village of Ballyvaughan on the southern shores of Galway Bay, which is mid point of the Wild Atlantic Way. Ballyvaughan is surrounded by the mystical Burren district of North County Clare. One of the oldest hotels in Ireland, Hylands is full of character and style.
What guests like about Hylands Burren Hotel in Clare:
- traditional Irish hospitality
- great location for touring West Clare and the Burren region
- historic 18th Century House with bygone charm
- traditional Irish bar often visited by traditional Irish musicians and storytellers
- Quinn's Craft Shop is located next door and offers Irish Crafts, Free Shipping & Tax Free Shopping for Non EU residents
- There is an Electric Car Charge Point available in the hotel car park
- Your Irish Country Hotels Gift Card can be redeemed at Hyland's Burren Hotel
All 31 bedrooms are individually decorated. Facilities include colour TV, Tea & Coffee making facilities and have all the modern comforts one would expect from an Irish Tourist Board approved 3 star Hotel.
Bedrooms comprise of double bed or 2 single beds or a double & single bed, suitable for up to three people sharing.
Your dining options
Hylands Burren Hotel is a member of the Burren Food Trail and is committed to using local ingredients. Open daily for lunch and dinner with live music in the bar most weekends in the Summer season.
Your activity choices
The Burren region in County Clare is renowned the world over for its many unique features. The Burren's geology, flora, caves, archaeology and history set it apart as a place of great mystery and beauty.
Just a few minutes from Hylands Burren Hotel. Discover the fascinating story of one of the oldest caves in Ireland. There are lots of other activities here too - there's the Burren Bird of Prey Centre; the Farmshop and Craftshop and the Wood & Mountain Trail. After all that, you'll need a cuppa in the Tearoom!
Your Host: The Quinn Family
Address: Hylands Burren Hotel,
The Square, Ballyvaughan, Co. Clare.
T: +353 1 2958900
GPS: N 53 deg 11.54 W 9 deg 14.89
no. of rooms: 31
Rates: From € 45
Credit cards: Visa, Mastercard
Check-in/out: Check-in, 3pm. Check-out, 12 noon.
Facilities / Amenities
Receive our 10% discount card when you sign up for our newsletter.